Omaha Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
March 6, 2018
Meeting called to order by Co-President Stephanie Kucera Jacobson & Carol at 6:30p
Attendance: Members: 25
Approval of February 2018 minutes stands as posted at http://omqg.blogspot.com/
- Brimfield English Paper Pieced Quilt
- Saturday May 5 9:30am – 4 pm
- Bernina Omaha (1014 Maple Street) - Call to Register
- Cost: $25 + supplies...pattern $12, acrylics $16-$20 (not required), papers $7 (1 block) - $45 (12 blocks)
- Omaha MQG April meeting
- Tuesday, April 3 at 6:30pm at AccuQuilt
- Lola Jenkins: "Ms. Bubble Buster." Lola takes you on a journey of her quilting career. Her lecture/trunk show is a hilarious account of tools and techniques of the trade that she uses in the most unusual ways.
- Friday April 27 - Sunday April 29 at Creative Center in Creston, Iowa
- Dinner or Lunch Suggestions? Fred will provide Brunch on Sunday for an additional small sum
- Next Omaha MQG Sew Day is Saturday, March 10 at Swanson Library from 10am-2pm
- Optional project of making pillows for the Junior MQG of Broward County (FL)
- Meeting in lower level
- National Quilting Day @ quilt museum in Lincoln, Saturday 3/17
- All sorts of activities
- Do Space Mini Makers Faire (72nd & Dodge)
- Saturday, April 14 from 9am-4pm
- AccuQuilt fabric cutting systems and dies to make basic 12” blocks
- Sewing machines so visitors can try sewing
- Design wall to layout/design quilt as blocks are sewn
- Tech/Computers side of quilting
- Using design software to design quilts
- Various quilting apps
- Use of social media to connect with people (Facebook, Instagram, blogs, etc)
- NO Omaha MQG sew day this day!
- We can use scrap fabric donations of quilting solids (Kona, Moda, etc) No smaller than 7” Square
- Over 800 visitors at this event last year, and they are expecting even more this year!
- Girls Inc - Kim is making quilts for their new homes.
- Need 17 Quilts 80”x90”- Plus Block Design
- Also looking for small minis for the different girl’s room.
- September Deadline for all quilts.
- Kim needs any help she can get. Looking for fabric, sewing time, batting etc.
Show & Tell
Kristina Morrow “Confused Ramblings of a Disorganized Quilter”
Meeting adjourned at 7:45p
Beth Salistean, Secretary