Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Meet Our Members: Emily Phillips


Meet our member, Emily Phillips! Emily has been a member of OMQG since 2014. Her work includes such cute pieces as these:







(The babe and the kitty are pretty adorable too!)  Here is more about Emily.

Tell us about the first quilt you made. The first quilt I made was really simple. Four large squares sashed with smaller squares. I didn't actually know how to do the quilting so it is held together with ties and buttons. It's on the back of my Grandma's couch and when I'm there I like to look at it to see how far I've progressed.

How would you describe your style? What are your influences?
My style tends to lean towards the abstract, and I love using really saturated colours.

What do you do when you aren’t quilting? I love to hang out with my family.
I love photography and enjoy capturing those moments with my lens.

What is your proudest quilting moment? Learning new skills. Long-arming my first quilt is probably the best as of right now.

Any quilting fails? What areas do you wish you were better in? Plenty. 

What inspires you right now? Any goals or new challenges?
I'm inspired by colour, and nature first. My quilting goal for 2017 is to complete all my PHD's! 

What is your best advice for a beginning quilter? Be brave... embrace your own vision and make what you love.

See more of what Emily is working on over on Instagram at @Phillipsemilly

No comments:

Post a Comment